Re: UV Unit Update?

Steve Avery (stevea@sedal.usyd.edu.AU)
Tue, 22 Oct 1996 10:57:09 +1000

Peter Marshall wrote:

> Although sunbeds may be slightly more expensive than buying the bits
> and making your own looking at the new prices, you can pick them up
> second-hand here for less than half the price it will cost you to make
> an equivalent unit.

I think this might be another issue of locality. Remember that Britain
doesn't get a hell of a lot of sunshine, and it's always been important
to have a tan over summer so you can lie about your holiday on the
continent :-)
On the other hand, I've never heard of anyone in Australia with their
own personal sunbed, and the "tanning salons" around my neck of the
woods you could count on one hand (and I don't know how they make money
during summer - maybe I should look for some then :-)).

cheers
-steve