Re: ALT-PHOTO-PROCESS digest 726

Jim Browning (james.browning@valley.net)
Mon, 4 Nov 1996 23:06:41 -0500 (EST)

> phillip Jackson wrote:
>>
>>The word "Heliochrome" has almost got to the stage where it is unusable, or
>>is any colour photograph a "Heliochrome"?

>>I know somebody who lives in Brisbane who makes Lippmann plates for
>>astronomers.

Thanks for the Info Phillip - do you have this person's name / address, etc?
I would like to get in touch. I would like to make fairly large plates with
a built in 'image' of a fresnel reflecting mirror. I think that a fresnel
cut in a parabolic mirror shape which is aluminized, and placed behind the
plate with an index matching fluid would effectively form itself in the
emulsion itself; the interference filters would be oriented at the angle of
each facet, and therefore would reflect light towards the viewer, without
the need of a lens / box arrangement. This is probably a long shot, so I
would like to run it by someone who has actually made a Lippmann plate. The
viewing angle would be small, but all of the light would enter the viewer's
eye, possibly making for a very brilliant print, which of course, would
never fade.

- jim

james.browning@valley.net
603-448-6241