Film/glyoxal/Nova

Judy Seigel (jseigel@panix.com)
Wed, 6 Nov 1996 13:27:53 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 6 Nov 1996, Judy Seigel wrote:
> My surmise is that
> they ran out of the old at different times. In any event,
> Kevin-the-alleged-horse's-mouth, says blue box is old, brown is new. He
> also said that all 4x5 was old (but mine came in a red box). >

Reading this message today, I see I failed to say, "ran out of different
sizes at different times" tho you probably understood that.
^^^^^
While I'm here, a note that Mike at Artcraft says he has ordered glyoxal
now in large containers & will have half-litre, or whatever, to ship
promptly instead of transshipping from Fisher, which takes time. (I
just got 4 half litres for school since students are evidently drinking
working solution for halloween -- only $5 service charge added.)

One other note: at Viscomm I got into conversation with someone who
recommends Ilford Ortho Plus in D-19 for enlarged negatives. It's like
FP-4, he says, without the dye to make it panchromatic. Ilford says it
is normally made only 4x5 and 8x10, though they will cut special orders
and don't require an "enormous" order to do so. Before investigating
further, thought I'd ask if anyone has used it for this purpose & what
they think.

Same fella, BTW, had written an article for Shutterbug about vertical
development of sheet film in the Nova vertical processor, long available
in England, I learned, but only 3 years in the US. I'm wondering if that
would beat tube development for laaarge lith film (would have to make the
verticals myself in that size, I suppose, but that's tomorrow's
problem).... Anyone done it?

PS. Is it better or worse to "bundle" short questions as above?

Cheers,

Judy