Re: transfers - acrylic emulsion

Sil Horwitz (silh@iag.net)
Sat, 23 Nov 1996 01:36:41 -0500

At 09:05 AM 961122 +1100, Dave Soemarko wrote:

>That is the ink that I mentioned in my previous note. It still fades but
>fades slower. Its main application is still in advertising/commercial works,
>not really meant for permanent art works.

Must disagree with you on this one; the new pigment ink is not yet on the
market. It is a dry powder that no printer yet on the market can use. I
think what you are referring to are the "outdoor" inks advertised for use on
the large poster printers (such as in North American CAD advertisements).
These are claimed to have a UV life of one to two years. The new powder
products are made of pigments, not dyes, and the PR literature I've read
claims a life longer than present chemically developed color prints.

Sil Horwitz, FPSA
Technical Editor, PSA Journal
silh@iag.net