Re:PT/PD

Judy Seigel (jseigel@panix.com)
Sun, 24 Nov 1996 01:19:58 -0500 (EST)

On Sun, 24 Nov 1996, Pietro DeFilippi wrote:
> Thanks to Keith:
> >A couple of other papers that work well without additional sizing are
> >Fabriano 5 Classico and Fabriano Murillo................

I don't know if you can get it in Italy, but Simili Japon, which I bought
in London and brought home with me, was the favorite of the platinum
printers here I gave samples to. It's very fine grained, doesn't need
added size, and is inexpensive -- in London it cost about 75 cents each
for a smallish sheet.

Now New York Central Artists Materials has imported a batch of Simili
Japon. I don't know what it's going to sell for here, but for sure less
than Arches Platine. The paper, a slightly off-white color, was also
excellent for cyanotype & VDB, though not for gum (at least not without
added size).

Cheers,

Judy