Re: light table (fwd)

Tom Ferguson (tomf2468@pipeline.com)
Tue, 3 Dec 1996 08:21:28 -0800

>At 03:58 PM 11/29/96 +0000, Risa wrote:
<SNIP>
>>How many people do what Judy used to do - with the light pointing up, and
>>putting the contact print face down on top of it - versus creating a frame
>>for the lights to point down, and sliding a contact frame under it?
<SNIP>
>Risa,
>
>I made my light unit with the tubes facing down.<SNIP> The advantages are as
>folows:
>
>1. Light does not shine into my eyes.
<SNIP>
>Regards,
>Al

One other big advantage to the "pointing down school" is that you can
easily rig a cloth "door" across the one open side of your box (where the
contact frame slides in), which almost eliminates any UV light reaching
you. I started platinum printing by myself, and did not realize that UV
light was bad for you. I did quickly find that it gave me headaches!!

P.S. I've started to investigate the many suggestions this board sent
regarding 16x20 in camera film (thank you!), and will report back soon.

tomf2468@pipeline.com