Re: UV exposure box construction (was exposure and health)

Judy Seigel (jseigel@panix.com)
Wed, 4 Dec 1996 00:29:23 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 4 Dec 1996, Jodie Allen wrote:

> > I would not however use a contact frame on top of the glass
> >with a bulbs-up system, as it would cut down the light more than
> >necessary. Find a way to rest it on the side supports...
>
> Or simply build the contact frame into the top of the exposure unit. This
> wouldn't be too conducive to dodging and burning though. Does one need to do
> this very often with the alt processes, or is such work usually done while
> preparing the printing negative?

The main virtue of the bulbs-up design is not having to use a contact
frame in the first place. As for how often you dodge and burn, hard to
generalize. Some people never, others unceasingly.

Judy