Ferric Ammonium Citrate

Flesch Ba'lint (100263.262@CompuServe.COM)
08 Dec 96 19:41:53 EST

About my good old books the iron-ammonium-citrate is hygroscopic and the
too much water in the crystal is not the best about the durability of
this chemical.
But the vicious author(s) didn't wrote more details about this (formulas,
description or any other.)

Terry King <101522.2625@CompuServe.COM> wrote:

> When I first statrted making kallitypes and cyanotypes there was a from of
> There was, however, a period when those who did not have stocks were stymied.
> Just in case this happens again, is there anyone who knows a simple way of
> making the stuff on a small batch basis. I have been using home made ferric
> oxalate for two years now. How can we make ferric ammonium citrate ?

In a time an old pharmacist in countryside made some HQ green versions for
my colleague (as a gift) so the homemade way is possible.

Sorry the old gentleman is dead and we haven't the secret, so I also
wonder about the making method.

Balint Flesch