Uranyl Nitrate

Richard Sullivan (richsul@roadrunner.com)
Tue, 10 Dec 1996 10:26:13 -0700

Judy writes:

>Well it would be nice if those uraniums come down in price. The last one I
>bought was about 1980 (Aldrich) & the cost of $25 for 10 grams at the time
>seemed excessive. Uranium toners for *silver* are reportedly not stable,
>though I never did enough of them to tell for sure. I have seen a uranium
>toner plus sulphide on a silver print that made a truly gorgeous fiery
>red, but never found the formula. I was told, however, that it came from a
>book called "The Boy's Book of Toning," in case someone has one lying
>around.

Bostick & Sullivan has uraynl nitrate in stock. Ten grams plus is 4.95 a
gram. Six bucks a gram for less than 10 grams, all this PLUS HAZARDOUS
SHIPPING CHARGES of wich we are still working on the details with UPS. You
shoulda seen the packaging it came in, it was like those Russian nesting
dolls. It came in a box, then a tall can, then bubble pack, then a cute blow
up thingy, sort of like a plastic football with the bottle suspended in the
center. The football thingy was was mirrored and I think it was lead coated.
The package said that there was 25 millicuries of radiation spewing forth,
but since we are only 20 miles from Los Alamos, what the hell. I keep
waiting for the guys from the lab in moonsuits to show up looking for a leak.

Dick S.