Re: Uranium Toning

Judy Seigel (jseigel@panix.com)
Sat, 14 Dec 1996 02:49:37 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 12 Dec 1996 SCHRAMMR@WLSVAX.WVNET.EDU wrote:

> Peter,
> Judy did not tell us how big a bag she has (1000 lb?) or if it is really
> a bag (paper?) or how old it is. I've seen some pretty funny things turn

It's about a half a pound I'd say, and it's in a paper bag, on the loft in
the room I sleep in. It's been there since I took it home from my mother's
studio when she died, in 1982. How long she'd had it, I dunno, maybe 10
years. It's not just uranium, of course, it's uranium something. It was
used, as I said, in ceramic glazes, mostly sand I'd bet, but I'll take a
look... and thanks for the warning. (Where were you in 1982?)

Judy