Re:Preserving photo chemistry

Maxim M. Muir (mdmuir@nfinity.com)
Tue, 17 Dec 1996 10:42:04 -0600

At 3:46 PM +1100 on 12/17/96, rosebud wrote:

> I recently had a small brainstorm or was it a storm in my small brain?
> Anyway, I use an "inert" gas product to help keep opened bottles of wine
> fresh. It works by laying down a "blanket" of gas on the top of the
> liquid, <snip>

The way I do it is to mix developers as two stock solutions. The
reducing agent(s), preservative(s) are kept in the A bottle, the
accelerator (alkaline) is kept in the B bottle. The contents of the A
bottle may be further preserved using sodium metabisulfite as an
adjunct preservative. Full details of this method may be sen in two
articles I wrote for Photo Techniques about this-part 1 is in the Jan/Feb
1996 issue, part 2 is in the Sept/October 1996 issue.

Maxim M. Muir
See the "Maximum Monochrome" homepage at:
<http://www.nfinity.com/~mdmuir/>