Re: Bromoil - masking

Judy Seigel (jseigel@panix.com)
Thu, 19 Dec 1996 21:49:05 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 20 Dec 1996, Alex Nanson wrote:
> Glad to be of help. Yes, you will have to use a powder pigment, sorry I
> didn't make that clear. (put it down to advancing years!). If you first
> rub the pigment up with a little white spirit (turpentine substititute)
> or a little xylene, you should find that it should disperse quite
> easily in the rubber cement.

If one were *really* organized, the thing to do would be to mix up a jar
of it & have on hand ahead of time. With a pale, non-staining pigment.

> Alternatively you could try adding a VERY small amout of artists' oil
> colour, don't add too much otherwise the oil will act as a plasticiser
> for the rubber cement and slow the drying.

I wouldn't mess with that in any event for fear it would be more likely to
cling to/stain the paper.

But the proof is in the pudding, as they say (why, I couldn't tell you).
I'll let you know. Thanks,

Judy