new cyanotype

Judy Seigel (jseigel@panix.com)
Sun, 22 Dec 1996 18:04:17 -0500 (EST)

On Sun, 22 Dec 1996 SCHRAMMR@WLSVAX.WVNET.EDU wrote:

> The Jan/Feb 1997, issue of "Photo Techniques" has a feature
article
> on Mike Ware's new cyanotype process written by John Barnier. Also
> one of John's cyanotypes is on the cover (very beautiful and
> striking I might add). A very nice and well-written article.

Yes, this article was gratifyingly well organized and clearly presented.
However I had some serious reservations about the content, much of it
contrary to my own experience with "old" cyanotype. I'll write about these
soon (& will also dare speculate about what might account for some of the
difference) but meanwhile and needless to say, right or wrong, we do need
to try this formula.

AND our very own Dick Sullivan of the fine old firm of Bostick and
Sullivan will have the emulsion for sale ready-mixed, perhaps in time for
Santa to bring down the chimney....

Judy