Re: powder box - artigue printing

Peter Charles Fredrick (pete@fotem.demon.co.uk)
Sun, 04 Jan 1998 12:03:53 -0600 (CST)

On Sat, 3 Jan 1998,: Art Chakalis wrote:

> Art you are leading this lads astray there is no prove that the Artigue /
> Fresson processes contains any gum ,we had this conversation at Bath this
> last year, and I seem to remember a wager, and also I am still awaiting the
> results of your research,
> We have a saying in the Uk an empty drum makes most noise :-) ?
>
> gotcher
>
> pete

Dear Art

>>Peter, Your conjecture is
slightly different than my conjecture but we are both guessing.<<

Ahh but I am not saying there is or there isn't

>>Our wager is not forgotten, it stands as a commitment to our differing
beliefs. As a reminder, I think that the Fresson paper samples will
contain both gum and gelatin while you believed that gum will not be
present. Unfortunately, the testing has proceeded at a snails pace. In
that the work is being donated it is tough to get impatient. Though I
would love to have all of the results I guess waiting a few months longer
isn't a great deal of time relative to the 100 years that the process has
been kept as a trade secret.
Lastly, I hope that the analysis of the paper samples does provide some
real insight into the nature of the processes. The loss or gain of a
print (our wager) was intended to be a friendly gesture which I assumed we
both took in the same vein. <<

Don't take me too Seriously Art all my friends know that I am as daft as
brush at times and I only meant to have a little joke with you.No
unfriendliness was intended !

>>The significance isn't in winning a bet, it
will be the added knowledge.<<

I could not agree with you more, also in the graveyard there is no
significance,wealth, or Knowledge.only bones.

My best wishes to you in this new year

pete