Re: mordancage & HELIOS

Jonathan Bailey (quryhous@midcoast.com)
Wed, 07 Jan 1998 15:36:13 -0600

At 02:51 PM 1/7/98 -0500, Nze christian wrote:
>You made me very curious about the mordancage process and -helas- I could
>not
>find much information on the Net.

Nze, Henk and the group,

HELIOS is a group of photographers in France. Many of them are based in or
near Paris. They all share a common interest in alt-photo processes of one
form or another. Several of them are (or were) on this list, but rarely
sign one because of difficulties with written English.... Several of the
group attended the alt-process gathering in Bath this summer.

They are simply a committed, small group of photographers who get together
to share work and solve problems. They can be reached at <40 rue Coriolis
75012 Paris>.

A personal thought regarding the language "barrier:" I admire the urge to
communicate, even if it has to be done in broken sentences.... Nze, thanks
for remaining part of the discussions in spite of the challanges of
translating your thoughts into English! It's a welcome addition to the
discourse.

Best-

Jon Bailey
St. George, Maine