Re: Artigue and Fresson Printing

Art Chakalis (achakali@freenet.columbus.oh.us)
Tue, 13 Jan 1998 09:17:29 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 12 Jan 1998, Sandy King wrote:

> . . .
> unprocessed Fresson paper. As I mentioned, the analysis was made on a piece
> of paper manufactured in the 1940s or early 50s. The information was given
> to me in the early 80s. Based on the stated source of the information and
> . . .

Sandy,

I just re-read the above note. I had thought that the information was
based upon an electron microscopic image that you actually viewed and/or
have in your possession . . . either your prior note inferred this or I
read it with a bias.

Do you have the testing data?

As we have written before, the whole Artigue/Fresson process knowledge
base is riddled with opinion and conjecture which is impossible to discern
from fact. Though I personally want the information you provided to be
true (it seems logical and fits with other aspects of my opinion about
Fresson) my wishes aren't any more powerful than yours.

Sincerely, Art

Art Chakalis
Columbus, Ohio, USA