Re: Silkscreen emulsions - Reply

Galina Manikova (galina@online.no)
Wed, 21 Jan 1998 21:54:03 +0100

Hellow, Steve !

You wrote:

>Screenprint direct emulsions were originaly dichromates and a few of the old
>products ie. Seriset B are still dichromates.
>
>The majority of two pack emulsions are diazo eg: folex Dc 200 or Dirasol 21
>etc. These products form the mainstay of what is now available.
>
>The most recent type of product are known as SBQ and tend to be identified as
>a one pot ready mixed product and are photopolymers.

Yes, that is all correct and all that I know. But what is actually a
photopolymer ?

You see, what I am heading at is to find out for sure, wheither this last
mentioned type is free for dichromates, as I hope it is.

I have been working with that type of product from Murakami, Japan. That is
called Aquasol and is used for waterbased colors and textile printing. I
have been in contact with Murakami and they assured me, that photopolymers
work on the molecular structure change principal and not a chemical
reaction.

As I am not a chemist, I hoped, that there would be someone on the list to
explain in further details, what that means.

Forgive me all those of you who are not interested in that subject, but I
still hope to get my answer.

Chemists, are you there ?

Regards,

Galina.