Re: Pyro

Hamish & Sophie (Hamish.Sophie@wanadoo.fr)
Thu, 22 Jan 1998 23:05:11 +0100

Larry,
I find your comments interesting about T Max. When it was first
introduced I used it happily, and tested with a number of developers -
HC110, TMax and Rodinal. The results with HC110 and Rodinal were fine,
and rodinal was especially good with TMX 120. But ultimately something
was missing, yes the grain is wonderful and so on, but I didn't like the
film's contrast. When I was teaching, I did what the school used TMAX.
But the students were having all sorts of problems, and finally I
switched back to TRI-X, my old favorite. The students loved it too and
I've gone back to using TRI-X. My own personal feeling is that TRI-X
seems to respond better to pushing and pulling for contrast control than
TMAX.
I wonder if anyone else has had similar experiences?
Cheers
Hamish

*
"We have no theology, we have no dogma, we just dance"

Hamish Stewart

Astrologer Taroist
Photographer Part time ritualist
And bush lover