Re: Poloroid Image Transfer Problems

Karen Molloy (kmolloy@tiac.net)
Thu, 22 Jan 1998 20:43:44 -0500 (EST)

Kalimompro@aol.com wrote:

>I've started experimenting with Poloroid image transfers (not to be confused
>with emulsion transfers). I have noticed that I can't get a white white. It
>comes out more like a beige.

I've found that the trick of soaking the receptor paper in a bath of water
with white vinager helps to clarify the colors. Have you tried that?

I've also found, in my experience of a couple of years, that there aren't
too many folks here on this list that do image transfers. If you don't get
much response, you might also ask your question on
rec.photo.technique.fine-art (something like that) or on the image-transfer
mailing list at image-transfer@lists.best.com.

Karen Molloy

kmolloy@tiac.net