Re:Pyro and HIE

Maxim M. Muir (mdmuir@nfinity.com)
Fri, 23 Jan 1998 22:43:15 -0600

At 5:34 PM +0000 1/23/98, Jason Revell (in5) wrote:
>I am just asking here as there has been a lot of discussion about
>pyro dev here. I asked on the IR mailing list and got no response.
>
>So have any of you tried PMK pyro dev on Kodak's HIE IR film?
>
>If so I would be very interested to hear your experiences either on or
>off list.

I have used PMK with HIE. It stained like crazy (lots of reduced silver),
and printed with a finer grain (but tack sharp) than HIE negatives
processed in D-76. I used an E.I. of 200 with a #87 filter in bright
sunshine, and developed for 12 minutes at 68°F in the normal PMK dilution,
using constant agitation. I hope this is useful.

Maxim M. Muir
See the "Maximum Monochrome" homepage at:
<http://www.nfinity.com/~mdmuir/>