RE: Great Enl. Negs -- cheap!!!!

Richard Sullivan (richsul@roadrunner.com)
Mon, 26 Jan 1998 15:02:46 -0700

At 09:52 PM 1/26/98 +0000, you wrote:

> [...]
film cost 5 to 10 times as much

>What about a soft-working metol-only developer... this would certainly
tame the contrast....

>MT again! ...(Belfast)

I don't think this is just a '"tame the constrast issue." I saw Stuart go
through all of that and got only modestly good results. I think it is a
curves shape issue and and evenness issue and the pyro seems to handle both
of those very nicely. I think highlight separation suffers when you use a
soft MQ developer wheras the Pyro can be soft, tame the contrast in the
shadows and midtones, and still pull apart the highlights.

--Dick

Bostick & Sullivan
PO Box 16639, Santa Fe
NM 87506