Re: Home made enlargers

Edward Meyers (aghalide@panix.com)
Tue, 27 Jan 1998 08:33:27 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 27 Jan 1998 SCHRAMMR@WLSVAX.WVNET.EDU wrote:

> Its been a long time but I do recall seeing at least one article in old
> photo mags. about building an enlarger using a Speed Graphic or other
> cameras. Go to your local library and look in "The Reader's Guide to
> Periodical Literature." If you find an article and they don't have that
> issue, they can order it for you on interlibrary loan (small charge).
>
> Bob Schramm

If you have a Graphic with a Graflok back, look for a used
Graflarger. This is an add-on Aristo coldlight gadget that
comes with a few negative carriers (4x5 is maximum) and converts
the camera into an enlarger. All you need is a copy stand
to put it on (the original item came with a rickety one).
I found mine on the net and paid about $100 for it. it's
worth it, as building one could result in money spent for
a poor-functioning disaster. Ed