Re: Pyro and gloves

Joseph O'Neil (joneil@multiboard.com)
Mon, 26 Jan 1998 17:21:13 +0000

At 08:40 27/01/98 -0700, you wrote:

>Do they work with pyro? The Jobo is miserable with pyro do to the "slosh
>factor" causing oxidation.

Hi Dick;
My expereince is limited to the 2500 series Jobo tank, not the
"professional" tank that looks like the chamer of a revolver. I also have
never seen any other pyro negs other than my own, I just picked up some PMK
one dday and away I went. I will say that I still shoot two of everything,
and right now what I do I one run of 4x5 negs in Xtol, and then another run
in PMK pyro. I am still new to pyro, and it is nice to see the difference.

I have not used times over 15 minutes on pyro, and my negatives do look
thin compared to the same negatives develoed in Xtol, however, they make
nice prints, better than the Xtol negatives (as long as I am using graded
paper - the colour of the pyro negs wreaks havok with VC appers). The only
other comment I can make is I always used distilled water to mix my pyro
(the stuff you buy form a local pharmacy - so I don't know exactly how
"distilled" it is). I also mix my pyro just before dumping into the tank -
well, I do wait for it to go through the colour changes (kinda pretty to
watch anyhow). Other than that, i do not know if I am doign anything right
or wrong.
joe

http://www.multiboard.com/~joneil
B&W, Large Format Images From Southern Ontario