Re: Caswell&Caswell new bromoil paper

Sil Horwitz (silh@iag.net)
Thu, 29 Jan 1998 11:33:30 -0500

At 04:09 AM 1998/01/29 -0500, TERRY KING wrote:
>Message text written by Wolfgang Maus
>>My result also after the new testings is, that Caswell paper ist not
>suitable for my purpose.
>
>But in defence of the Caswell paper, I have tried it with both brushes and
>brayers and it worked for both.
>To quote the old song 'It aint what you do it is the way that you do it'.

Or the characteristics of the water used. In a post recently, it was
mentioned that tap water was being used which is very hard in Germany. To
make a true evaluation, all variables must be checked, and the pH and
hardness of water used must be measured. This could make a significant
difference in the results which have been reported.

For example, the water in my area (Central Florida) not only comes from
underground limestone sources, but also includes a fair amount of organic
impurities. I use distilled water for everything but wash water (where a
slight amount of hardness is beneficial) but always do the last rinse in
distilled or deionized water to minimize the effect of the organic materials.

<<sil>>
<silh@iag.net>
<webmaster@psa-photo.org>
Sil Horwitz, FPSA