Re: Re : Msr. Sturges

Dan Cardish (dcardish@microtec.net)
Mon, 23 Feb 1998 10:44:51 -0500

At 08:09 AM 23-02-98 -0700, you wrote:
>I surely would not think a debate on this group list re Mr. Sturges
>would be appropriate.
[snip]...however, within the dialogues and
>colloquys surrounding his work were women who were greatly disturbed by
>his work and attitude.
[snip]
>The point remains in my mind however, that Jock's work has bothered a
>multitude of women I know, and have known, who are paragons of openness
>in thinking and expression … and that has always bothered me.
>Jack Fulton

I have been trying to avoid this thread like the plague, but this bit
perked my interest. I have seen some of Mr. Sturges' work, but I don't
understand why *women* as a group would find it offensive. I have never
considered his photography to be offensive towards women, but maybe I have
missed some of it.

Dan C.