Archival printer?

The Shattenbergs (shattenb@megalink.net)
Wed, 25 Feb 1998 22:20:08 -0500

Mr. Horwitz wrote:

> Not yet tested for permanence, but since
> the ALPS colors are pigments (and I have tested them, though empirically
> and not scientifically as yet), and the transfer medium is a wax or
> plastic, I would speculate the results would be as permanent as the
> pigments.

I have had half an ALPS 4000 print on a Southern windowsill for a year with
no color shift. This is Maine sunshine and it takes about six years to get
a sunburn. I believe Luis Nadeau is doing fade test with a reflection
densitometer. Any further information would be welcomed.

Sincerely,

Greg Shattenberg
Shattenb@megalink.net