Re: Inkjet negs and gum prints

Dennis Southwood (dms1@home.com)
Sat, 28 Feb 1998 22:52:30 -0800

Henry Rattle wrote:

> It certainly seems possible to produce good negs for gum printing using the
> Epson 600/800 printers. You need to select the transparency materials
> carefully - some have a rough starchy coating, but others are quite smooth
> and even. The ones I used were from a local office store and are made by
> Boeder in Germany.

When I used the transparency material sold for the Canon Bubblejet
printer, I found that the coating washed off easily under the tap, but
the ink did not. I have been told that, unlike the manufacturer's ink,
the refill inks sold for the cartridges are water soluble, but I don't
know that of my own experience.

--
Dennis M. Southwood
dms1@home.com