Re: Cyanotype Neurosis

Cor Breukel (cor@ruly46.medfac.leidenuniv.nl)
Fri, 06 Mar 1998 11:55:04 +0100 (MET)

On Thu, 5 Mar 1998, Tom Ferguson wrote:

> do to prevent the "A" solution (25gm Ferric Ammonium Citrate, 0.5gm Oxalic
> acid, water to 100ml) from developing that white "mold" if kept more than a
.. I also throw the "B" solution (9gm Potassium Ferricyanide,
> 0.5gm Oxalic Acid, 0.2gm Ammonium Dichromate, water to 100ml)

..Tom, what is the advantage/use of adding Oxalic acid and Ammonium
Dichromate?..

I only use Ferric Ammonium Citrate and Pot. Ferricyanide, which I add to
and mix with water simultanously..use it straight away, never store it,
because it's cheap and very simple to prepare. I get deep blue, saw some
cyanotypes in Bath made with the Ware solutions, but these weren't more
blue than mine as far as I could tell (ofcourse the best test is printing
the same neg under the same conditions with the different solutions..)

Cor Breukel

http://ruly70.medfac.leidenuniv.nl/~cor/cor.html
"The Infrared Gallery"
http://ruly70.medfac.leidenuniv.nl/~cor/ir-gallery.html