Re: Inkjet Printer opinions?

Richard Sullivan (richsul@earthlink.net)
Thu, 19 Mar 1998 03:59:45 -0700

Kerik,

Your opinion of the Alps is reflected in many of the reviews I've read.
They also complain about the ribbon that is used instead of ink, seems it
is not a real inkjet printer and the ribbon is a mechanical nightmare.
Never seen one so I'm mostly talking from reviews and comments I've seen.

It does seems to be more permanent though since it is using pigment type
stuff instead of ink.

I just noticed that Office Depot has the Epson 800 for $349.00 now which is
a hundred off what I paid for mine 9 months ago when it first came out. I
am quite happy with mine. One downside is it goes into orgasmic paroxysms
when fired up after being left alone for a few days. It goes through the
whole cleaning cycle before printing.

And btw, Epson has a new driver on their site put on in November. Get it!

--Dick

At 09:34 AM 3/18/98 -0800, KOUKLIS, KERIK T wrote:
>I know this is not directly alt-photo related, but I know there are many
>on this list who could provide good information and many others who
>would be interested to read it, so...
>
>I am about to purchase a new Inkjet printer. I think I've narrowed it
>down to the Epson Stylus Photo or the Epson Stylus 800. I am also
>considering the Lexmark 7200. I am looking for the best photo quality
>ouput while still handling the everyday text printing. I've decided the
>Alps printers are just too slow. I periodically publish a catalog of my
>images for the galleries that carry my work and it would take many hours
>to print one copy on the Alps.
>
>I'd be interested to hear feedback from anyone with experience with any
>or all of these machines.
>
>TIA,
>Kerik Kouklis

Bostick & Sullivan