Re: Fish Glue

Art Chakalis (achakali@freenet.columbus.oh.us)
Wed, 01 Apr 1998 00:47:40 -0500 (EST)

Dave,

You'll be hard pressed to find Fish-Glue. I believe it is an extract from
fish akin to gelatine that is extracted from mammal skin and/or bone.
Well over 15 years ago I tested it (It was purchased at an open market in
Athens at a stand which sold cabinet maker's supplies and tools). I found
it to be inferior to Gum Arabic as it didn't seem to hold as much pigment
in suspension.

Sincerely, Art

Art Chakalis
Columbus, Ohio, USA