Re: Carbon Printing

Luis Nadeau (nadeaul@nbnet.nb.ca)
Sun, 05 Apr 1998 22:23:43 -0300

At 4:21 PM -0700 98/04/05, Richard Knoppow wrote:
>I've been interested in trying carbon for a very long time but have
>absolutely no experience with it.
> If the Carbro process inferior in results to using a negative for exposure?
> Can it be done with modern paper with gelatin overcoating?
> Is it a reasonable alternative to enlarged negatives?

Carbon is much easier than carbro these days. Making the enlarged neg is a
bit of a pain, but since you will never be able to make an excellent alt
photo print on the first try you might as well spend some time on an
enlarged neg that you will be able to use a long time.

Other advantages of carbon: less frilling problem, less finicky regarding
room temperature and you get a little more latitude at the developing stage.

Luis Nadeau
NADEAUL@NBNET.NB.CA
Fredericton, New Brunswick, Canada
http://www3.nbnet.nb.ca/nadeaul/