Re: zia humidity and new book

Richard Sullivan (richsul@earthlink.net)
Mon, 20 Apr 1998 09:00:54 -0600

Jeff,

I find your note on the Florida hothouse humidity interesting. I guess it
is a little different from your former digs in Arizona?? So with a
dehumidifier, 40-60 is the lowest you can go? Well that is in the range we
are looking for. I fill up my 16 foot long sink with hot steamy water and
spray a few gallons on the floor to get the humidity up. I can get up to
the 50% mark at times. I don't know where the moisture goes. I keep the
doors closed and after dumping 5 gallons on the floor and it that has gone
into the air, it still is in the low 40's. I think a lot of the problem is
being at 7000 foot altitude. We virtually live in a vacuum.

I have recently gotten an infestation of alligators due to all of this.
They are an endangered species under Federal law, New Mexico does not have
any protection for alligators here. They do eat the occassional mouse that
comes in so I guess it will have to be live and let live. It does freak out
the workshop students but they only nip at their ankles.

--Dick Sullivan

At 06:18 PM 4/18/98 -0400, Jeffrey D. Mathias wrote:
>Eric,
>
>Oh to have your "problem" humidity.
>
>Even with two dehumidifiers I can't get the
>humidity below 40% to 60%.
>
>Usually it's much higher because the exhaust fan
>pulls the dripping air in from outside.
>
>But, that's why they call this Florida.
>
>However, this is only a temporary situation as
>this summer, plans are to move to the Boston
>area. Wife, Rosemary has accepted a position
>with a company in Cambridge and we plan to look
>for a house in Melrose (the older the better).
>
>Jeff

Bostick & Sullivan
PO Box 16639, Santa Fe
NM 87506