Re: Dr. Perera (London) Re: previous posting by Peter Marshall

Peter Marshall (petermarshall@cix.compulink.co.uk)
Sat, 16 May 1998 23:08 +0000

> I have always been under the impression that a telephone conversation
> between two parties is completely private. The posting was an extract
> from a very lengthy telephone conversation between Peter Marshall and
> myself.
>
> Putting old wine in new bottles is not progress. One should only share
> information with those who can respect that sacred trust.
>
> The chemistry I use is my own formulation and it is not available to
> anyone and everyone who feels that they have a Divine right to
> another's hard work. The chemistry and the knowledge are part of the
> intellectual property of my company. What I do with it now or in the
> future is my sole concern.
>
> I run a very busy lab and research centre in London. Personally, I do
> not have the time nor the necessary toys to come out and play. If
> anyone is interested to carry this dialogue any further please find
> another playmate.
>

> Dr. Dunstan Perera, Heliochrome (UK)
>

> I have always been under the impression that a telephone conversation
> between two parties is completely private. The posting was an extract
> from a very lengthy telephone conversation between Peter Marshall and
> myself.
>
> Putting old wine in new bottles is not progress. One should only share
> information with those who can respect that sacred trust.
>
> The chemistry I use is my own formulation and it is not available to
> anyone and everyone who feels that they have a Divine right to
> another's hard work. The chemistry and the knowledge are part of the
> intellectual property of my company. What I do with it now or in the
> future is my sole concern.
>
> I run a very busy lab and research centre in London. Personally, I do
> not have the time nor the necessary toys to come out and play. If
> anyone is interested to carry this dialogue any further please find
> another playmate.
>

> Dr. Dunstan Perera, Heliochrome (UK)

I have talked to Dr Perera about this again today since he wrote the
above comment.

I had of course (as I had not expected him to read it on list) posted him
a copy of what I had written to the list.

In the course of our long telephone conversation on Thursday he asked me
to post certain comments to the list as he did not have access. I also
asked him if I could post a couple of other things from our conversation
and he agreed. So far as I am concerned these items are the only ones that
I posted. Everything else remains confidential.

It was quite clearly the basis of our conversation that he wanted me to
post to this list, and he made it clear what he wanted me to post. I think
I have carried out his instructions to the letter and was surprised to
read his response on list.

I think I made his position - some of which he repeats here - clear in
exactly the way that he asked me to. Of course the wording of my post is
mine rather than his, and there may well be nuances in his position which
I failed to fully put across.

Our conversations included much else germane to this list which I did not
copy to the list as it was indeed discussed on a confidential basis. I
have exactly the same understanding as Dr Perera of confidentiality as
applied to private communications - as all on the list will know from my
previous comments on this subject.

Peter Marshall

On Fixing Shadows and elsewhere:
http://www.people.virginia.edu/~ds8s
Family Pictures, German Indications, London demonstrations &
The Buildings of London etc: http://www.spelthorne.ac.uk/pm/