Re: gun at yr head (was Step wedges)

Judy Seigel (jseigel@panix.com)
Thu, 21 May 1998 12:57:10 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 21 May 1998, Dwight Shackelford wrote:

> I have been accused of being a "virtual" idiot, so whether I'm real or
> not is up for grabs. Besides, "diabolical marketing" is redundant.

Ooooooh, Dwight! What choice do you leave those of us *trying* to spread
enlightenment, which I can tell you is like trying to herd cats!!?? Would
you believe I got six messages today asking, what is this I hear about you
having a magazine???!!! I swear. Now don't take offense folks, I'm
thrilled that you asked and will get right back to you. But selling
subscriptions by any name is hard work...

> You know, I have a correction here. As far as I know Dwight ShackLEford
> is not a real person. I can attest that Dwight ShackELford is at least
> more real, given the limitations of the previous paragraph.

Sorry about that.... the second name I've spelled wrong this week, and me
so sensitive about all the "Ms. Siegel's" I have endured... I'll try to
remember that it's EL, as in the 3rd Avenue.....

> If folks find this post unuseful, then you know how I feel about all the
> patent bickering that has been crowding my mailbox of late.

Oh, but Dwight, it gave me the opportunity to describe patent research and
Room 315 at the New York Public library... hope you read that one. A
couple of folks told me it was an inspiration. My intent, besides of
course the plug for Giuliani town (now dropped to about 116th place in
crime rates of big cities, below Boise, Idaho, if you could believe), was
to give some feel for the happenstance and pleasures of research, beyond
just getting stuff off microfilm... The patent(s) I researched were
pretty, neat also, by the way (stay tuned)...

cheers & thanks for writing,

Judy