RE: Camera vs. PhotoWork?

Luis Nadeau (nadeaul@nbnet.nb.ca)
Mon, 25 May 1998 14:35:56 -0300

At 1:20 PM -0400 98/05/25, Judy Seigel wrote:
>On Mon, 25 May 1998, Luis Nadeau wrote:
>> Camera, from Luzern, Switzerland, was published from 07/1922 to 12/1981.
>>

>However, I have in front of me remains of a magazine titled "The Camera,"
>subtitled, "Devoted to the Advancement of Photography," dated December
>1902, price ten cents, from The Camera Publishing Co, Philadelphia, PA.
==========

There were at least 4 magazines titled _Camera_. There were at least 2
titled _De Camera_ (Dutch) and there were at least 6 titled _The Camera_.
The one you are referring to was published between 07/1897 and 07/1953.
Note that it was absorbed by The Photographic Journal of America in July
1923 and became Bulletin of Photography in July 1931; its last incarnation
was under the name of Camera Magazine, from March 1949 to July 1953.

Luis Nadeau
NADEAUL@NBNET.NB.CA
Fredericton, New Brunswick, Canada
http://www3.nbnet.nb.ca/nadeaul/