Kwik-Proof

Henk Thijs (henk.thijs@eurocontrol.be)
Thu, 28 May 1998 10:00:40 +0000

HareHound@aol.com wrote:

> We are in search of a source for Kwik-Print, a pre-press proofing emulsion.
> Light Impressions used to carry it years ago. It is a UV sensative emulsion,
> developed in a weak ammonia and water solution. Any idea where we can
> purchase this?
> Thanks in advance,
> Janet Flohr,Hare & Hound Press

In our print-department (just one man and a dog) they use kwik-prints for large
copies of big-building-transparancies .
Before the end of the roll -for sure several meters- they have to replace it by
a new one due to the fact that the transportmechanism of the copy machine (a
fairly recent one where the ammonia is damped onto the paper by heating it)
cannot handle a 'thin' roll. They discard the old one. I am their wastebasket.
They assured me that this is the case in all -bigger- print shops.
Yes, I know, we Dutch have a certain reputation, by all means......
Regards

Henk

--
  Henk    Thijs                 tel: +31-(0)43-3661249
  Eurocontrol Maastricht UAC    fax: +31-(0)43-3661300