Re: Platine tears and sorrows

Eric Neilsen (ejnasn@laplaza.org)
Thu, 28 May 1998 09:09:45 -0600

Spot bleaching is not an answer. You will damage the paper long before
you could bleach out platinum or palladium. Very small spec can be
removed by etching. The big problem is changing the surface texture of
the paper. Some papers show your attempt to etch very clearly, and some
areas of the print will show them, blacks in particular. Bob had asked
about lacquer sprays a while back. And while I don't recommend spraying
your prints, a light coat will hide the etching that you've done.

Filter chemistry with high quality filters, and examine them for any
traces of shiny particle that might be impurities.

--
Eric J. Neilsen
505-758-8868