Re: Platine tears and sorrows

John Rudiak (wizard@laplaza.org)
Thu, 28 May 1998 20:23:17 -0600

V6263@aol.com wrote:

> Does anyone have a "cosmetic" solution to little black spots aside from
> applying white paint and then spotting it? I use Crane's and Platine so
> abrading the spot out of the surface doesn't seem to work very well. Possible
> to spot bleach or etch?

With the fatter papers you can generally etch out the little black
spots, if they are on the surface. To hide your efforts you might try
rewetting the print and letting it almost dry. Take the damp print and
put it into a hot dry mount press (one with a very clean platten). The
steam swells the paper and the platen smoothes it, sort of like you are
recalandering it.

Good luck.

John

--