Re: Pyro and gloves

Judy Seigel (jseigel@panix.com)
Sat, 30 May 1998 10:37:14 -0400 (EDT)

While attempting some file cleansing this AM (always a losing battle), I
came across the following message, and since pyro has returned to
discussion (as it surely will), thought it -- and my own questions -- a
propos:

On Mon, 26 Jan 1998, Richard Sullivan wrote:
===============cut===============================

> I don't see any practical way to do tray developed pyro without wearing
> gloves, unless your goal is to look like an old timey photog and risk life
> and limb in the process. The nitrile gloves sound like a good bet, though I
> would not be too prone to lose any sleep over using regular latex gloves
> for developing a 7 minute pyro run. On the other hand, at that price, why
> not get a 100 box of the good ones.

Appended to Sullivan's message was another from Larry Gustafson, which I
also include...

But my questions first:

1. what is nitrile?

2. Does "the good ones" mean the box of 100 for $15 mentioned below?

3. I gather from recent posts that few people now do pyro development in a
tray.... or have I leapt to a conclusion?

4. What is phenolic?

Judy

message from Gustafson re gloves for pyro: