Re: Sump Pump

Joseph Portale (jportale@pimacc.pima.edu)
Wed, 13 May 1998 08:08:55 +0000

Tom,

Let me tell you about the setup that I have been using for at least seven
years. It is a laundry sump from Grangers. It costs about $200 but it will
give you a fluid rise of about ten feet. It is a sump pump in a 7 gallon
container that will push the waste water up a column of 10 feet. I have
never had a problem with the pump and the container is chemical proof
plastic. I had a similar problem to yours and this worked wout excellent. I
have run all sorts of photo nasties through it without a bit of trouble.
The setup is hard plumbed from the waste line of the darkroom sink and then
out to the waste stack. It does come with a back flow preventor.

I hope this helps.

Joe P.
Tucson, AZ