Re: Digital Negative Drum Scans and costs

Jason P. Mitchell (jmitchel@sunset.backbone.olemiss.edu)
Wed, 13 May 1998 12:37:22 -0500

At 09:41 AM 5/13/98 -0700, you wrote:

>> I am curious what kind of specific prices people are getting for Drum
>> Scans for making digital negatives. I have a place here in Santa Barbara
>> that charges 0-35 MB $48.00, 35-70MB $68 and 70-105MB $88.00. The
>> imagesetter proofs are for an 18x24 inch sheet of film $37.00. Are these
>> numbers high, medium or low? What kind of numbers are other people getting
>> and does the price vary on account of the type of drum scanner or
>> imagesetter used?
>

>You should be able to get a drum scan for a little less. The price for
>the imagesetter output is not bad. When I was looking around for prices
>I was quoted (for a 16x20) everything from $19 to $100 for the film
>output. In general, you should be able to find something in the $30-$35
>range.
>
>David

If there is a university in the area, check with their printing office.
The one here at the U. of Mississippi charges only a flat fee of $15 for
drum scans and $15 per foot for imagesetter output.

Jason