Re: Big Trays

Judy Seigel (jseigel@panix.com)
Thu, 14 May 1998 12:19:02 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 13 May 1998, Michael Silver wrote:

> Try cement mixing trays from Home Depot. I've used them for years. Cost
> $20 and work great.

How big are they Michael?

I'll mention that when I was doing some panorama-type-shaped prints, I
found in the floral district (above 14th Street, but in a good cause) some
long shallow plastic plant trays for a few dollars that worked
wonderfully. As I recall, none was wider than 10 inches or so, but
several feet long, so I could use a fraction of the chemistry it would
have taken to fill the large tray for the strip shaped print.

I cut covers for them to fit from cardboard wrapped in plastic -- which I
recommend for any shape trays of solutions that stand (or sit?) around.
The entire surface is evaporating into your air every minute.... the
bigger the surface the more evaporation. This "cover" isn't of course
airtight, but makes a BIG difference.

Judy