Re: Potassium Oxalate Hazards (fwd)

Peter Marshall (petermarshall@cix.compulink.co.uk)
Thu, 14 May 1998 21:07 +0000

Potassium oxalate is serious bad news if ingested, but all you need to
take the normal sensible precautions that you should be doing if you are
handling chemicals in any case (gloves, goggles, good housekeeping, good
ventilation etc).

The only good thing about it is that - so far as I know it is not a
cumulative poison, though when used as a developer it will undoubtedly
become contaminated with heavy metals that are!

In recent weeks I've been wondering if one or two people close to the list
have been getting too much mercury or something - we all know its effect
on the Hatter. But at least he didn't start shooting the Dormouse which
seems to be the latest sport in these parts.

Peter Marshall

On Fixing Shadows and elsewhere:
http://www.people.virginia.edu/~ds8s
Family Pictures, German Indications, London demonstrations &
The Buildings of London etc: http://www.spelthorne.ac.uk/pm/