Re: lights

Eric Neilsen (ejnasn@laplaza.org)
Thu, 14 May 1998 22:31:34 -0600

The great light debate....

As you can see it depends on where you buy your lamps, but a fair
estimate of 1 1/2 to 2 times more for a BLB vs BL. GE lamps are written
up in at BL lamps as the" standard" and BLB having 80% their output.
This will vary slightly from one manufacture to another, but my test
show that to be true. The apparent effect on ones printing speed many
vary due to how much platinum or palladium is used. BL bulbs have a
much broader output, but a less severe spike in that output. There are
many different bulbs out there, and as David mentioned the Super
Actinics do a wonderful job. They are very powerful over a very short
wave length.

If budget is your concern, the BL's are your least expensive way to go.
A while back someone posted a web site that had some good info on
lights, Don's Lighting Center?

There has also been much over the last several years on shielded vs non
shielded, ozone and more. You'll find it in the archive.

Tanning salons are also a good source for exposure units. VoltArc
Technologies (I think they got a mention in Judy's publication) makes
units.

--
Eric J. Neilsen
505-758-8868