Re: Finding "Photographic Facts and Formulas"

fishy (fishy@ix.netcom.com)
Fri, 22 May 1998 20:39:12 -0700

Dwight Shackelford wrote:

> I've been told to get the book "Photographic Facts and Formulas".
> However, I am having a problem finding it.
>
> Anyone out there have an extra copy or know where I can purchase one?

Dear Dwight-

I don't have an extra copy, but I do have a copy- from 1940. The
authors are E.J. Wall and Franklin I. Jordan, published by American
Photographic Publishing Co. of Boston. It's chock full of interesting
and weird processes such as Feertype and Primuline, which according to
the authors, are "...more applicable to fabrics than to paper. They are
based on the light-sensitiveness of complex organic compounds, which
under the action of light, form colored dye images." The Feertype uses
Sodium Toluoldisazosulphonate, Beta-naphthol and other goodies.

If you or anyone else on the list is interested in specific portions of
the book, I'd be happy to copy them for you. Just contact me off list.

Best Regards,
Dan Donovan