Re: enlarged negs using lith film (reply)

Judy Seigel (jseigel@panix.com)
Wed, 27 May 1998 02:37:29 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 27 May 1998, Hamish Stewart & Sophie Colmont wrote:
> have used both lith film and DD over the years and they have their good
> and bad points. I work exclusively with Gum bichromate and I'm happy with
> the results from using both types of film. The DD film though expensive
> is the easiest route and I have found the results with this film are
> excellent. It also comes on a thick base which makes it much better to

Hamish, when you say DD, or Direct Duplicating film, do you mean Kodak S0
339, replacement for 4168? I understand that it has in turn been
discontinued, at least in this country, replaced by a film whose ID I know
not, but which I've heard bad reports of. Any facts out there?

Judy