Re: (lith) film & pyro

Cor Breukel (cor@ruly46.medfac.leidenuniv.nl)
Wed, 27 May 1998 21:11:09 +0200 (MET DST)

On Wed, 27 May 1998, S. Carl King wrote:

> carbon printing is that exposure times with Pyro negatives are somewhat
> longer than those with conventionally processed ones,and the same
> observation has been made by several platinum printers. I do not recall any
> comments about Pyro and some of the other alternative processes.

...I have been quite sucsesfull in "boosting" contrast with Pyro. That is:
I have this quite obscure Croatian 4*5 inch film "EFKE PL100, on which it
was impossible to produce densities bigger than say 1.2. Thanks to a great
tip I learned that when I bleached these negs and re-developed in Pyro I
got very nice negs for Cyanotype (sometimes the Dmax is even to high for
Cyanotype!), Ziatype and Albumine. As stated before on this list: the
stain means an added proportional density under UV.

(I'll be the first to admit that it's not exactly an easy way to work, and
yes I switched to Fp4 plus, but I stll have a lot of this EFKE, so I am
working on direct processing in PYRO)..

Cor Breukel

http://ruly70.medfac.leidenuniv.nl/~cor/cor.html
"The Infrared Gallery"