Re: paper negatives

George L Smyth (GLSmyth@ari.net)
Tue, 02 Jun 1998 17:13:00 -0400

liz randall wrote:

> I read a bit in Kodak's Creative Darkroom and have searched the group's
> archives and checked out the index of Keeper's of Light(done a bit of
> research) but am still left with a VERY basic question which is "what sort
> of paper do you use?"

My suggestion would be to use RC paper - whichever kind you would like (I've
heard some complaints that Kodak's paper will show the word "Kodak", as it's
printed on the back - I never saw it when I used Kodak paper as a negative).
The paper is not thick, like double-weight fiber, and does not have curling
problems like fiber - especially single-weight.

I've not used it with gum, so I can't help you there (mostly with pinhole).

george

--

Handmade Photographic Images http://www2.ari.net/glsmyth/