[Fwd: Re: Vandyke Variables]

John Rudiak (wizard@laplaza.org)
Mon, 08 Jun 1998 22:46:13 -0600

--
Alchemy Printmaking & Photography
PO Box 633 Ranchos de Taos, NM   87557
http://www.quetzl.com/Alchemy/index.html
Date: Mon, 08 Jun 1998 19:34:51 -0600
From: John Rudiak <wizard@laplaza.org>
Subject: Re: Vandyke Variables
To: Cor Breukel <cor@ruly46.medfac.leidenuniv.nl>

Cor Breukel wrote: > > > > > > > Query, though, has anyone tried alternate development in Cyanotye and then > > VanDyke? Like, one on top of the other. If so, any changes in the > > chemistry? > > > > ...I did combined VDB and Cyanotype: first VDB and than Cyanotype, not on > top of each other, worked perfect... > > > > Trish > > > > > > Cor Breukel > > http://ruly70.medfac.leidenuniv.nl/~cor/cor.html > "The Infrared Gallery" > http://ruly70.medfac.leidenuniv.nl/~cor/ir-gallery.html

Is what you are saying that you first made a Van Dyke and processed it and then put cyanotype sensitizer on top of the Van Dyke? The ferricyanide in the cyanotype chemistry should bleach the silver of the Van Dyke image. I had a student try this and that is what happened. Van Dyke after the Cyanotype should work, though.

John