Re: Vandyke Variables

Cor Breukel (cor@ruly46.medfac.leidenuniv.nl)
Tue, 09 Jun 1998 10:29:18 +0200 (MET DST)

On Mon, 8 Jun 1998, John Rudiak wrote:

> Is what you are saying that you first made a Van Dyke and processed it
> and then put cyanotype sensitizer on top of the Van Dyke? The
> ferricyanide in the cyanotype chemistry should bleach the silver of the
> Van Dyke image. I had a student try this and that is what happened.
> Van Dyke after the Cyanotype should work, though.

...saorry to cause some confusion but I first printed the VDB, processed,
and than printed the Cyanotypes on the same piece of paper but not on top
of each other. I looked into my old results and saw the same things your
student found and Judy described before: bleaching of the VDB by the
ferricyanide..

Cor Breukel

http://ruly70.medfac.leidenuniv.nl/~cor/cor.html
"The Infrared Gallery"